Last updated: October 2021
This Privacy Notice explains how Premier Learning collect, use, and share personal information that you provide to us, or that we may otherwise obtain or generate, which relates to you. If you have any questions, please contact us.
What personal information do we collect?
“Personal Information” means any information by which you can be directly or indirectly identified. Depending on which services you choose to interact with or the funding attached to any interactions with us, We may collect some of the following:
- phone number
- postal address
- job title
- employment status
- age group
- date of birth
- ethnic group
- unique learner number (UK)
- national insurance number (UK)
- education level
- health details
- household status
- your business
On what basis do we use your personal information?
For legitimate business purposes:
Using your personal information helps us to operate and improve our business as well as to minimise any disruption to the services that we may offer to you. It also allows us to make our communications with you more relevant and personalised to you, and to make your experience of our products and services an efficient and effective one.
This includes our obligation to fulfill our contractual obligations to our funders.
To comply with our legal obligations and other demands for information:
Compliance with laws, regulations, rules, codes and guidance is important to us. They affect the way in which we run our business, and they help us to make our products and services as safe as we can. Where we use your personal information for this purpose, rest assured that, where possible, we will take measures to protect your personal information.
At times we may need to get your consent to allow us to use your personal information for one or more of the purposes set out above. You have various rights where we are processing your information on the basis of your consent. For example, if , at anytime you decide you don’t want to be on one of our mailing lists, you can choose to opt out at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of our promotional emails.
We sometimes share your personal information
We do not share information about you with other organisations or government agencies without your permission unless it:
- is a requirement of funding we receive to provide our services
When we share your information with our funders or partner organisations, you will be explicitly informed of this at the point that you provide us with your personal information and we will, when required by law, get your consent to share your information.
- is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested
- will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s health
- is required or authorised by law.
We will never sell your information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Websites that we do not own or control
Our websites may contain links to other websites and use external services to provide functionality for the website. Whilst we make every effort to make sure that external services have acceptable privacy policies, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and services. We advise you to be aware and read their privacy policies.
Our websites also use interfaces with social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and others. These interfaces may allow the social media site to connect your visits to our websites with other Personal Information.
How long will we keep your personal information?
Any data collected as part of a funded contract – 1 year after our contract with the funder expires or 2 years after your last learner activity (whichever is later)
Any data collected not as part of a funded contract – 2 years after the last learner activity in the system.
For all other personal information, as a general rule, we keep your personal information for as long as is necessarily required:
- to comply with law;
- for the duration of a contract you are a party of
- in connection with legal action or an investigation involving Premier Learning; or
- to provide you with information, access you have requested to our websites
How we protect your personal information
To help protect the privacy of data and personal information we collect and hold, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. However sending information over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure.
Any data you send to us is at your own risk.
We train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. Access to your personal information is restricted to employees who need it to provide benefits or services to you.
Exercise your rights under this Privacy Notice
You may have the right:
- To withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time, where we process your personal information based on having your consent;
- To ensure that you data is kept up to date and accurate;
- To know how we process your personal information;
- To request a copy of your personal information held by Good Things Foundation;
- To request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information, or restrict or object to the processing of your personal information;
- To request to obtain your personal information from the Good Things Foundation and reuse it or have it transferred for your own purposes across different services; and
- To complain to a competent supervisory authority, or to a court of law, if your data protection rights are violated or you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
- To find out what Personal Information we hold about you and request that information be in a format that is portable to a third party service.
Make a complaint or raise a concern
If you have any questions or to raise a concern about how we handle your personal information, you may contact us . To make a formal complaint please follow our complaints procedure which is available. Contact us on email@example.com
Changes to our policy
We may make changes to our policy from time to time. Please check this page for any changes.